MFI Trainers & Experts
Mediterranean Film Institute has through the years involved an international group of experienced film professors and film professionals as trainers & experts in its various training activities:
Trainers in Script Development
- Christina Lazaridi (Head of Studies) an award winning screenwriter and internationally renowned screenwriting mentor. Her films have been nominated for an Academy Award (“One Day Crossing”) and have won prizes in the Berlin Film Festival (“U Plavetnilo”) and Tribeca Film Festival (“Nadie Nos Mira”) among others. Her last feature film, “Ismael and Rosa” (a Greek/Turkish co-production) was a Greek Box Office hit during the 2016-17 season. Christina Lazaridi joined Princeton’s Faculty at the Lewis Center and the Creative Writing Program at 2008 and at present is a full-time lecturer in screenwriting.
- Jan Fleischer, former Head of the Screenwriting Department of the National Film and Television School (UK) and former professor at FAMU-Prague, Czech Republic, who is also an active screenwriter & script editor (notably script editor of Steven Frears’ films The Queen & Dirty Pretty Things)
- Nicos Panayotopoulos, established screenwriter &novelist. One of the most accomplished screenwriting teachers in Greece with many awarded international students.
- Dimitris Emmanouilidis, screenwriter / director. Trainer in MFI Script 2 Film Workshops since 2015.
- Pavel Jech, an experienced screenwriter & professor of screenwriting, former Dean of FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic
- Giovanni Robbiano, a screenwriter & director, and Professor at the University of Genova (Italy)
- Established Greek writer/directors Dimitris Yatzouzakis, and Pericles Hoursoglou (also a professor at the Film Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Accomplished film professors like Nick Proferes, Milena Jelinek, Susanna Styron & Stephen Molton from the prestigious Film Division of New York’s Columbia University
Trainers in Production/ Project Development
- Producer Simon De Santiago from Spain, partner of Mod Producciones S.L. (the company’s productions include Alejandro Amenábar’s “Agora” & Alejandro Innaritu’s “Biutiful”)
- Isabelle Fauvel from France, experienced producer and development consultant, as well as tutor for various international institutions
- Martina Bleis, “International Coproduction”, Berlinale Co-production Market
- Marjorie Bendeck, “Marketable project presentation. Exploring International Funds and Platforms”, ”, independent consultant for Berlinale Film Festival’s Talent Project Market and World Cinema Fund, Ateliers du Cinéma Europeén, Connecting Cottbus, among others.
- Liz Rosenthal, “Transmedia and Digital Storytelling”, Power to the Pixel
- Nicolò Gallio, Expert in Film, Media and Audiences. PhD in Film Studies. Marketing and Audience Design.
- Eric Williams, School of Media Arts and Studies, Ohio University; President and Owner, Blue Arm Productions & Co-Creator of Immersive Media Initiative