- The program is open to European & international creative teams (screenwriters, producers, directors) with a feature film project in development
- Furthermore, it is open to script developmentprofessionals without a project(screenwriters, script consultants, trainers, commissioning editors, producers, decision makers) wishing to undergo the script & project development training process. Participants without a project are incorporated to the activity as assistant trainers working next to the programs tutors for the development of participating scripts
- Priority is given to projects with aproducer attached and following the program
The program has a focus on applicants from countries participating in theCreative EuropeProgramme of the EU, and isalso open to internationalapplicants, with a focus on countries ofthe Mediterranean, Balkan and Black Sea areas.
Language: English is the working language in all workshops
Participants are required to submit a first or subsequent screenplay draft with creative quality and potential for production. They must have writing experience, at least a moderate track record & demonstrate screenwriting talent. Selection criteria include:
- the quality & originality of the screenplay, promise & viability of the project
- the attachment of a producer or production company to the project
- whether a project is submitted by writer/director or writer/producer own companies
- whether a project is a multi-national co-production, with attention given to low budget schemes, and schemes from countries with regional interest (new EU member states, EU & internationalcountries with a low production capacity)
- whether a project has support by national agencies & foundations, film funds, TV networks
- in addition, the program is partially open to emerging screenwriters who show a strong creative potential
Selection is based on evaluation reports by MFIs panel of script advisors. They read the submitted material and make the first assessment. Final selection is made by the MFI. All candidates are informed of the final results at least 6 weeks prior to the first workshop.
- For screenwriters, directors, script development professionals: 2.000 For producers: 1.500 (for 1st residential session & on-line sessions) - an additional 500 for the 2nd residential session
- Payment of tuition fees will be made upon selection
- In case of cancellation more than a month prior to the starting date of the program, there is 50% refund of the tuition fees; there is no refund in case of cancellation less than a month prior to the starting date of the program
- Accommodation and board are covered by the program. Participants organize and pay for their travel
No application fee is required to submit a project to MFI Script 2 Film Workshops.
Conditions of participation
- Participants must agree to take part in all training activities. This includes the reading and discussion of the other scripts (and rewrites) participating in the same working group.
- Participants must cooperate with MFI at all stages of the program and be ready to submit, when requested, any written material such as MFI questionnaires, evaluation reports.
- Note: Failure to comply with the conditions above may result the termination of a participant's association with the Program. MFI reserves the right to review participation at anytime.
- The credit "Developed through MFI SCRIPT 2 FILM WORKSHOPS" must be mentioned on all future versions of the developed script and on any film made from this script.
- One copy of the final script draft has to be sent to MFI.
- When a film is made from a script developed in the program at least oneDVD copy of this film must be sent to MFI.
Application and supporting material
All applicants must submit, using the on-line application form, the following documents in English:
- A story synopsis/summary (no more than 2 pages)
- An extensive outline or script treatment (about 10-12 pages)
- Curriculum vitae of the participant with full contact information, previous experience & credits
- Personal letter of intent (must include: brief discussion of projects present development state, script problems or needs, and expectations from participating in the MFI Script 2 Film Workshops)
optional accompanying material:
- Screenplay draft
- Curriculum vitae of producer and track record of production company
- Curriculum vitae of director or co-writer
- Letters of support (from producers, broadcasters, financiers, and/or other professionals)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
- MARCH 26, 2018 (for applicants with a project)
- APRIL 20, 2018 (for applicants without a project)
Please make sure to include links to previous filmography.
No hard-copy of the application is required.
For anything else please contact: